Episode 8

The Job Trap

Share and Like this Episode

Share on LinkedIn

Only around 5% of brokers who enter this industry have the skill set required to run and build a mortgage business. The other 95% have spent so much time as employees, they come with an employee mindset. As a result, instead of enjoying all the freedom this business can offer, they soon start treating their new venture the only way they know: as a job.

In this episode of Mortgage Broker Acceleration, James Veigli and Ash Playsted talk about the ‘job trap’. You’ll hear about the mistakes people make when they transition from employment and why. And, most importantly, you’ll discover what to do to enjoy the freedom this industry can give you!

The Key Questions

  • Why the thing that you enjoy the most about this business can 'kill' you? (2:59)
  • Why do mortgage brokers fall into the job trap? (4:31)
  • Why most never escape the job trap? (7:14)
  • What’s the #1 way to avoid the job trap altogether? (17:19)

What You’ll Discover

  • The approach you need to take to build a real business instead of a job. (9:59)
  • The mindset shift needed to escape the trap. (13:50)
  • The question you need to ask yourself every single day. (17:53)
  • The decision you need to make to be successful. (19:10)

Let's Accelerate

More Episodes

  • See the full list of podcast episodes | Click here
Subscribe on Email